- The Walking Dead "Survive and Drive" Sweepstakes Presented by Hyundai
Official Rules 2013
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Walking Dead "Survive and Drive" Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open to individuals 18 years of age or older as of date of entry and who are legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia. Sweepstakes void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of AMC Network Entertainment LLC ("Sponsor"), Hyundai Motor America ("Hyundai") and The Promotion Pipeline, Inc. ("Agency"), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, production and promotion agencies, dealers, distributers and the immediate families (i.e. spouse, parent, child, sibling, and the "steps" of each) and members of the same household of each are not eligible. Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia. All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Sweepstakes begins at Noon (Eastern Time ("ET")) on October 13, 2013, and ends at Noon (ET) on December 2, 2013. To enter visit the AMC website www.amc.com/SurviveAndDrive to complete and submit entry form by providing your first and last name, phone number, mailing address, email address, date of birth and cable satellite provider. Entrants agree to be bound by and acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including eligibility requirements. Limit one (1) entry per person per day. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the e-mail account will be deemed to be the entrant. "Authorized account holder" of an e-mail address is the natural person in whose name the e-mail address has been issued. A selected winner may be asked to provide Sponsor with proof that the selected winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved, the entry will be deemed ineligible. Use of automated devices not valid for entry. Entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor may at its sole discretion disqualify anyone who violates the rules or undermines the integrity of the Sweepstakes using any form of automatic entering, or any other form of manipulation.
3. PRIZES. One (1) Grand Prize: A custom The Walking Dead inspired 2014 Hyundai Tucson ("Vehicle") including sales tax, registration and transfer fees. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $65,000.00. Vehicle will be delivered "as is," including but not limited to the condition of the car, color of the car and car features. Vehicle sales tax, registration and transfer fees are estimated and may vary depending on the municipality/state of the winner. The difference in value of prize as stated herein and value at time of prize notification, if any, will not be awarded. In the event Sponsor is unable to deliver the Vehicle due to damage or other circumstances beyond Sponsor’s control, Grand Prize will be substituted for the cash value of the Vehicle as determined by the prevailing insurance carrier. Grand Prize winner must be a licensed driver, and present a current, valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance before taking possession of Vehicle. Vehicle will be delivered via ground transportation to the winner’s home. Grand Prize winner must take possession of Vehicle within ninety (90) days of date on prize notification letter or prize is forfeited.
NEITHER HYUNDAI NOR SPONSOR MAKES OR IS IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE VEHICLE INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ITS QUALITY, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE OR MECHANICAL CONDITION. SPONSOR RESPONSIBLE ONLY FOR PRIZE DELIVERY; NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR PRIZE UTILITY, QUALITY OR OTHERWISE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, HYUNDAI’S STANDARD VEHICLE WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY TO THE GRAND PRIZE OR ANY OTHER CUSTOMIZED VEHICLES.
In addition to the Grand Prize outlined above, winner will also receive a single cash payment of $30,000 in the form of a check, which is intended to assist with any federal, state, or other tax obligations related to the Grand Prize (the "Tax Gross-Up Payment"). The Tax Gross-Up Payment may not be sufficient to cover the winner’s entire tax liability related to winning the Grand Prize. Grand Prize Winner shall assume full liability for any taxes in connection with the Grand Prize. Neither Sponsor nor Hyundai will bear any responsibility whatsoever arising from such tax obligations (other than Sponsor’s responsibility to comply with all reporting obligations and as otherwise expressly set forth herein).
Any expenses or requirements for claiming, taking possession of or using prize that are not expressly mentioned above, including any taxes, fees, title, license, registration, insurance, and other fees associated with Grand Prize Vehicle are the winner’s sole responsibility. No substitutions for prizes except by Sponsor or as may be necessary due to unavailability, in which case prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. All taxes and other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winners. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner’s name, hometown, likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by winner regarding the Sweepstakes, Sponsor or Hyundai for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional notice or compensation.
4. DRAWING: Potential winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about December 4, 2013, from all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Potential winner will be notified by phone and/or mail. Potential winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release which must be signed and received by Sponsor or its designated agent within 14 days of date printed on notification. If potential winner is considered a minor in his/ her place of legal residence, a parent or legal guardian will be require to execute the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release on behalf of the potential winner. If prize notification letter or any prize is returned as undeliverable, if winner rejects prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected in a random drawing. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
5. ODDS: Odds of winning prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. GRAND PRIZE CONDITIONS: Agency will furnish an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 to Grand Prize Winner for the actual retail value of Grand Prize for the tax year in which Grand Prize was accepted. Grand Prize Winner is responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes) and all other costs associated with the Grand Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. No transfers of prizes, in whole or in part, will be permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. GENERAL: Sponsor, judges, Hyundai, Agency and their respective affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, the "Sweepstakes Entities") are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, incorrect, incomplete, illegible, garbled, misaddressed, or misdirected entries, misrouted or scrambled transmissions or communications, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of telephone, Internet, computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any telephone or computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Sweepstakes, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, extend, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the event of any cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted and a random drawing will be held from among all eligible entries received prior and/or after (if appropriate) to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant if his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Sweepstakes and/or website. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant and winners accept the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agree to be bound by the decisions of the judges and warrant that s/he is eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. By participating, entrants and winners agree to release Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, loss or damages, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if the prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical, printing, or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials related to the Sweepstakes.
No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
8. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY: (IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATES WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED $10. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
10.DISPUTES, GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE: ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO PRINCIPLES OF CONFICTS OF LAW; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, IF ANY, BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
12. WINNER'S NAME: For a copy of the winners’ name, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by December 15, 2013, to: The Walking Dead "Survive and Drive" Sweepstakes Winners’ List, c/o The Promotion Pipeline, PO Box 162, Huntington Station, NY 11746. Requests will be fulfilled after the winner’s name has been verified. For a copy of the Official Rules, visit www.amc.com or send a self addressed, stamped envelope to: The Walking Dead "Survive and Drive" Sweepstakes Rules, c/o The Promotion Pipeline, PO Box 162, Huntington Station, NY 11746. VT residents may omit return postage.
13. SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by AMC Network Entertainment LLC, 11 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10001.
Copyright © 2013 AMC Network Entertainment LLC
The Walking Dead "Survive and Drive" Sweepstakes Presented by Hyundai
No purchase necessary. For Official Rules go to amc.com/SurviveAndDrive. Starts 10/13/13 at noon ET and ends 12/2/13 at noon ET. Open to legal residents of the contiguous U.S. and D.C., age 18+. Void where prohibited by law. ARV of prize: $95,000. Sponsor: AMC Network Entertainment LLC, 11 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10001.
Copyright © 2013 AMC Network Entertainment LLC. All rights reserved.