1. Sweepstakes Period:The Mad Men Hawaii Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") begins at 03:00:00 pm Eastern Time ("ET") on 04/16/13 and ends at 02:59:59 pm ET on 05/07/13 (the "Sweepstakes Period").
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands and other United States territories), and Canada (excluding Quebec) (the “Eligible Jurisdictions”), who are twenty-one (21) years of age and older as of the date of their entry. Employees, officers and directors of AMC Network Entertainment LLC (“Sponsor”), bottlerocket marketing group, LLC (“Administrator”), Istros Media Corporation, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort, Pop2Life LLC (“Promotional Partners”), and any of Sponsor’s, Administrator’s, or Promotional Partners’ respective affiliates, dealers, parents, subsidiary companies, and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and/or those living in the same household of each (whether or not related thereto) are not eligible to enter or win the prize herein. Void outside the Eligible Jurisdictions or where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law. Sweepstakes is subject to all country, federal, state, local, provincial, and municipal laws. By entering the Sweepstakes, participants are bound by and agree to these Official Rules, and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding.
3. How to Enter: Throughout the Sweepstakes Period, eligible participants must visit http://www.amc.com/madmenhawaii (the “Promotional Site”), follow the instructions to complete all required information on the online registration form and then submit the form (hereinafter an “Entry”). Incomplete Entries will not be eligible. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service provider will apply. There is a limit of one (1) Entry, per person, per day, throughout the Sweepstakes Period. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes a “day” is defined as 12:00:00 am ET – 11:59:59 pm ET (except for the first day of the Sweepstakes which begins at 3:00:00 pm ET and the last day of the Sweepstakes which ends at 2:59:59 pm ET) . Entries received from any person, regardless of email address used, in excess of the above stated limitation, will be void. All Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible. The computer clock of the Webmaster hosting the Promotional Site is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned, and Sponsor will not verify receipt of Entries.
4. Grand Prize Random Drawing: On or about one (1) day after the end of the Sweepstakes Period, one (1) grand prize random drawing (the “Grand Prize Drawing”) will be performed, from among all eligible Entries received throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period, in order to select one (1) potential “Grand Prize” winner. Administrator, who is an independent judging organization, will conduct the Prize Drawing. The decisions of Administrator and Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of being selected as the potential Grand Prize winner are dependent upon the total number of Entries received throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period.
5. Grand Prize and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): One (1) One (1) Grand Prize is available to be awarded in this Sweepstakes. The Grand Prize winner, once confirmed as detailed below, will receive a 5 - Day/4 - Night trip, for the Grand Prize winner and one guest, to Hawaii. The Grand Prize package consists of (a) round-trip coach class air transportation for the Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest from a major airport near the Grand Prize winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor), to a major airport near Waikiki Beach, Hawaii (as determined by Sponsor); (b) four (4) nights hotel accommodations (standard room, double occupancy) at The Royal Hawaiian, a Luxury Collection Resort (http://www.royal-hawaiian.com/) in Waikiki Beach, Hawaii; (c) two (2) admission passes to a Mad Men-Style Cocktail Party which will be held at the resort during the stay; (d) admission for two (2) people to a luau for the Grand Prize winner and their guest; (e) the opportunity to watch an episode of Mad Men Season 6 in Waikiki Beach, Hawaii, with fellow Mad Men fans; and (f) food and ground transportation allowance of one thousand dollars ($1,000) awarded in the form of one (1) check that will be given to the Grand Prize winner (such check can also be used toward the Grand Prize winner’s tax liability payment, if applicable). The ARV of the Grand Prize is three thousand and five hundred dollars ($3,500).
6. Grand Prize Conditions: The total ARV of all prizes awarded herein is three thousand and five hundred dollars ($3,500). All prize details, including but not limited to Grand Prize trip dates, are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Grand Prize trip is currently scheduled to take place 6/20/13 – 6/24/13, and Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must be available to travel on such dates, or else the Grand Prize may be forfeited, even if the affidavit of acceptance is already executed. In such situations, an alternate potential Grand Prize winner will be selected and contacted, time permitting, and the Grand Prize will be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize (or a portion thereof) with another Grand Prize of greater or comparable value, as determined by Sponsor. It is the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and their guest to be in possession of all necessary travel documentation (e.g., Photo ID, valid passport, Credit Card) at the time and place of departure, or Grand Prize may be forfeited. Actual value of the Grand Prize depends on any fluctuations in current market conditions at time of prize fulfillment, and the location of winner’s residence, as it relates to the Grand Prize destination. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded. Grand Prize trip is subject to air/hotel availability, the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, schedule or route changes, holiday and blackout dates, and any other travel conditions/restrictions that may apply. All other expenses relating to acceptance of the Grand Prize not explicitly stated herein, including but not limited to, taxes, meals, beverages, and gratuities, are solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. Complete terms and conditions of Grand Prize trip will be furnished with prize notification and/or further correspondence. Travel arrangements will be made through Sponsor’s agent on a carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Sponsor reserves the right to structure the travel route in their sole discretion. Grand Prize trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Sweepstakes Entities will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, or certificates. Once travel commences, no unscheduled stopovers are permitted; if an unscheduled stopover occurs, full fare will be charged from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any expenses that may be incurred as a consequence of a transportation cancellation/delay. If the Grand Prize winner resides within a reasonable distance to Waikiki Beach, Hawaii, as determined by Sponsor, ground transportation or a different method of transportation may be provided for such Grand Prize winner and guest in lieu of air transportation, and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value. Grand Prize is non-transferable and no substitutions or cash awards are allowed, except at the discretion of the Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Administrator will furnish an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 to the Grand Prize winner for the actual retail value of the Grand Prize for the tax year in which Grand Prize is accepted. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. If any portion of the Grand Prize is unable to take place as planned, for any reason, including but not limited to, cancellation, scheduling conflicts or an event of force majeure, that portion of the prize will be forfeited, the remaining components of the Grand Prize will be awarded and Sponsor’s obligation to the winner will be deemed fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided. If Grand Prize winner cannot find a guest to travel with them, or does not wish to travel with a guest, such portion of the prize will be forfeited and Sweepstakes Entities shall owe no further substitution or compensation.
7. Notification/Acceptance: The potential Grand Prize winner must comply with these Official Rules as published in order to accept their prize and be confirmed as the official Grand Prize winner. Sponsor or Administrator will attempt to notify the potential Grand Prize winner via phone and/or email, in accordance with the information provided upon registration, on or about twenty-four (24) hours after the Prize Drawing. Upon notification or notification attempt, the potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to respond to such notification attempt and execute and return an affidavit of acceptance, eligibility, liability and publicity release (or Declaration of Compliance if a Canadian resident (where legal), as well as a W-9 form, within five (5) days of such notification or notification attempt (or less if specified by Sponsor upon notification or in the release documents, due to exigencies) or such Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner will be selected, and the process will repeat itself. Sponsor will attempt to contact the potential Grand Prize winner four (4) times during the five (5) day period. At a later date, the guest will be obligated to fill out a release document, prior to taking the trip. If the potential Grand Prize winner is a Canadian resident, he/she must correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited arithmetic skill testing question as a condition to being named the official Grand Prize winner. If notification attempt(s) fail for any reason, or if a potential Grand Prize winner does not comply with these Official Rules, such prize may be forfeited, at Sponsor’s discretion, and an alternate potential prize winner will be selected.
8. General Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sweepstakes Entities, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a selected potential winner, the natural person who is the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the entry will be declared the potential prize winner. "Authorized account holder" of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If any portion of these rules is deemed illegal, such portion will be replaced with a legal clause that most closely resembles Sponsor’s intent.
9. Limitations of Liability: Entrants, by participating in the Sweepstakes, release and agree to hold the Sweepstakes Entities harmless from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death and bodily injury, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, including participating in this Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes-related activity, whether sponsored, held by, or paid for by a third party or by Sponsor and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Each entrant, as well as the Grand Prize winner (and the Grand Prize winner’s guest), agrees to indemnify the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and hereby acknowledges that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize herein. Additionally, the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, garbled, damaged, delayed or undelivered Entries; or for any virus contracted by an entrant’s computer through participation in the Sweepstakes, for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by computer or Internet malfunction or interference, tampering, manipulation, weather or natural disaster, acts of war, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation; or for failed computer, satellite, telephone, wireless or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Entries, the notification of the potential prize winner(s), or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable network, server, wireless service, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it suspects of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person or entity. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods or third-party software or website or any other devices which subvert or manipulate the entry process will void all Entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using such methods. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, virus, bugs, worms, unauthorized human intervention or any other causes which Sponsor, in it’s sole opinion, deems could corrupt, manipulate or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and post notice of the action at the Promotional Site, and/or where they see fit. If Sponsor terminates the Sweepstakes prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will select the potential Grand Prize winner in a random drawing from among all valid, non-suspect, eligible Entries received prior to termination, if any, or as otherwise may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor. In no event will more than the one (1) stated Grand Prize be awarded.
10. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY PROVISION IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL NOT BE DEEMED A WAIVER OF SUCH.
11. Disputes, Governing Law and Venue For Residents Outside Of Quebec: ENTRANTS AGREE THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO PRINCIPLES OF CONFLICTS OF LAW; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, IF ANY, BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
13. Grant Of Rights: Once confirmed as the Grand Prize winner, the Sweepstakes Entities may use, display, distribute or publish such prize winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, address (city and state), biographical information, statements, and any material based thereon or derived there from, or to refrain from so doing, in any manner in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, anywhere in the world in perpetuity in connection with this Sweepstakes, or as Sweepstakes Entities otherwise determine, in their sole discretion, and for purposes of advertising in trade or promoting/publicizing Sponsor, Promotional Partners, and their products and/or services, without compensation (where legal). Acceptance of Grand Prize constitutes a waiver of any claims to compensation, royalties, or other remuneration for such use.
14. Winners’ List: For the name of the Grand Prize winner, available after the Sweepstakes Period has ended, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope, to be received by 08/01/13, to Mad Men Hawaii Sweepstakes Winners List, c/o bottlerocket marketing group, 71 Elm Street, Unit 8, Foxboro, MA, 02035.
15. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is AMC Network Entertainment LLC, 11 Penn Plaza, NY, NY, 10001. The Promotional Partner is not a Sponsor of the Sweepstakes, and all marks are the property of their respective owners.
Copyright © 2013 AMC Network Entertainment LLC
Copyright © 2015 AMC Network Entertainment LLC. All rights reserved.