- AMC's THE WALKING DEAD GIVE BLOOD SWEEPSTAKES
Official Rules 2012
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Sweepstakes open to individuals 21 years of age or older as of date of entry and who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and Canada, excluding Quebec. Void in Quebec and wherever prohibited by law, or where the registration or filing requirements of any state or local jurisdiction have not been complied with. Employees of AMC Network Entertainment LLC ("Sponsor"), American Red Cross ("Red Cross) and The Promotion Pipeline Inc. ("Agency"), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, production and promotion agencies, and the immediate families and members of the same household of each are not eligible. All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply.
2. How to Enter: Sweepstakes begins at 12:01:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on September 24, 2012, and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on October 22, 2012. To enter visit the AMC website www.AMCGiveBlood.com to complete and submit entry form. Entrants agree to be bound by and acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including eligibility requirements. Limit one (1) entry per person, regardless of e-mail address. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the e-mail account will be deemed to be the entrant. "Authorized account holder" of an e-mail address is the natural person in whose name the e-mail address has been issued. A selected winner may be asked to provide Sponsor with proof that the selected winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved, the entry will be deemed ineligible. Use of automated devices not valid for entry. Entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
"Grand Prize": One (1) Grand Prize: The opportunity for a three (3) day/ two (2) night trip for the winner and a guest to a location to be determined in AMC's sole discretion for a visit to the set of The Walking Dead. Trip includes round-trip airfare for two (2) people, double occupancy hotel accommodations at the hotel of the Sponsor's choice, round trip ground transportation in the destination city between the airport and the hotel, round trip ground transportation in the destination city between the hotel and the set and $500 spending money. (Estimated Retail value: $3,000.) All details of prize will be determined by Sponsor. Prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. The Grand Prize winner will be responsible for the payment of any taxes, gratuities, and other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified as being awarded herein. Prize is not transferable. ARV may vary depending upon point of departure and fare fluctuations. If the closest airport to the Grand Prize winner's home is in close enough proximity to prize destination city so that, as Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion, a flight is unnecessary, Grand Prize winner and guest will receive alternate transportation from the Sponsor with no further obligation to the Grand Prize winner for any difference in prize value. Grand Prize winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual value of prize is less than the Grand Prize ARV in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to structure the travel route and select hotels in their sole discretion. All travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor's agent and on a carrier of Sponsor's choice. In the event Grand Prize winner engages in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor's in its sole and absolute discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or that may reflect badly on Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the Grand Prize winner and Sponsors will have no further obligation to Grand Prize winner.
Sponsor accepts no responsibility for changes in The Walking Dead production schedule or cancellation of production. Grand Prize winner will be notified of trip dates approximately thirty (30) days prior to production of The Walking Dead episode. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. No substitutions or cash equivalent allowed except by Sponsor who reserve the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. All taxes and other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. If Grand Prize winner is unable to participate in the Grand Prize trip during the dates designated by Sponsor, the prize is forfeited in its entirety with the Sponsor having no further obligation to Grand Prize winner or the winner's guest. In the event the Grand Prize winner is able to participate in the Grand Prize trip during the dates designated by Sponsor but Grand Prize trip does not or cannot take place as scheduled or at all, for reasons including but not limited to scheduling conflicts, cancellations, delays, postponement, or for any other reason including those outside the control of the Sponsor, then the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a cash prize equal to the total Grand Prize value.
Grand Prize Winner's Travel Companion will be required to execute a Liability/Publicity release and return it at the same time as the Winner's affidavit. Grand Prize Winner and Winner's Travel Companion must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents required for air travel. Sponsor responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise.
4. DRAWING: Winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about October 24, 2012 from all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the sweepstakes. Winner will be notified by phone and/or mail and will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability which must be signed and received by Sponsor or its designated agent within fourteen (14) days of date printed on notification or an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing, time permitting. If Canadian, potential winner will be required to correctly complete a mathematical skill testing question administered by e-mail. If any prize notification letter or any prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected in a random drawing, time permitting.
5. ODDS: Odds of winning prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received. All prizes claimed will be awarded. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
6. GRAND PRIZE CONDITIONS: Agency will furnish an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 to Grand Prize Winner for the actual retail value of Grand Prize for the tax year in which Grand Prize was accepted. Grand Prize Winner is responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes) and all other costs associated with the Grand Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. No transfers of prizes, in whole or in part, will be permitted, except at Sponsor's sole discretion.
7. GENERAL: This Sweepstakes offer is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. The Released Parties (as defined below) and judges are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, incorrect, incomplete, illegible, garbled, misaddressed, or misdirected entries, misrouted or scrambled transmissions or communications, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of telephone, Internet, computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. The Released Parties disclaim any liability for damage to any telephone or computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Sweepstakes, and reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor's control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the event of any cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted and a random drawing will be held from among all eligible entries received prior to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant if his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant and Winner accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. By submitting an entry in the Sweepstakes, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor shall be permitted to use entry data for marketing purposes consistent with their privacy policies and applicable law. All entrants further agree that in the event of any third party claims, damages, losses or injuries, arising from or relating to this Sweepstakes, they will indemnify Sponsor and Agency from any and all such claims, including the attorneys' fees related thereto. By accepting prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, Red Cross, Agency, their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, directors, employees, contractors, officers, and agents (including without limitation, their advertising and promotion agencies) (collectively, the "Released Parties"), from any and all claim or cause of action (including, without limitation, personal injury or death), liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes or the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical, printing, or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials related to the Sweepstakes.
8. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE, MANIPULATE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. DISPUTES, GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE: ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO PRINCIPLES OF CONFICTS OF LAW; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, IF ANY, BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS' FEES OR BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
10. WINNER'S NAME: For a list of Grand Prize winners, available after the Sweepstakes Period has ended, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope, to AMC's The Walking Dead Watch And Win Sweepstakes Winners List, c/o bottlerocket marketing group, LLC, 298 5th Avenue, 2nd Floor, NY, NY, 10001.
11. SPONSOR: AMC Network Entertainment LLC, 11 Penn Plaza, NY, NY 10001, USA.
Copyright © 2012 AMC Network Entertainment LLC
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
No purchase necessary. A purchase will not improve your chances of winning. These abbreviated rules are subject to the complete Official Rules available at www.AMCGiveBlood.com. Sweepstakes starts 9/24/12 at 12:01am ET and ends 10/22/12 at 11:59pm ET. Open to legal residents of the U.S. and residents of Canada excluding Quebec, age 21 or older. Void in Quebec and where prohibited by law. To enter visit www.AMCGiveBlood.com to complete and submit entry form. 1 Grand Prize: 3 day/ 2 night trip for two to visit the set of The Walking Dead. (ARV: $3,000). Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. Sponsor: AMC Network Entertainment LLC
Copyright 2012 AMC Network Entertainment LLC. All Rights reserved.