1. Which of these famous lines of president John F. Kennedy comes from his 1961 inaugural address?
- Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.
- Our problems are man-made; therefore, they can be solved by man.
- The exploration of space...is one of the great adventures of all time.
- The New Frontier of which I speak...is a set of challenges.
2. In 1961, Motown scored its first Billboard Hot 100 hit with which of these acts?
- Marvin Gaye
- The Marvelettes
- The Supremes
- The Temptations
3. Which of these Dr. Seuss titles was first published in 1961?
- Green Eggs and Ham
- Horton Hears a Who!
- The Cat in the Hat Comes Back
- The Sneetches and Other Stories
4. Who won the 1961 Tony Award for Distinguished Musical Actor on Broadway?
- Dick Van Dyke (Bye Bye Birdie)
- Phil Silvers (Do Re Mi)
- Richard Burton (Camelot)
- Robert Morse (How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying)
5. Which actress took home an Oscar in 1961?
- Audrey Hepburn, Breakfast at Tiffany's
- Geraldine Page, Summer and Smoke
- Natalie Wood, Splendor in the Grass
- Sophia Loren, Two Women
6. Which iconic television show ceased production after its 1961 season?
- Howdy Doody
- The Bob Newhart Show
- The Dick Van Dyke Show
- You Bet Your Life
7. What was the world's population in 1961?
- 1 billion
- 2 billion
- 3 billion
- 4 billion
8. Who was named one of the ten best-dressed college women of 1961?
- Connie Stevens
- Diane Sawyer
- Gloria Steinem
- Martha Stewart
9. Who was the highest-paid major-league baseball player in 1961?
- Mickey Mantle
- Roger Maris
- Ted Williams
- Willie Mays
10. Which of these products was introduced in 1961?
- Cool Whip
- Froot Loops
11. What iconic toy debuted in 1961?
- Matchstick Cars
You've earned 0 points in this quiz so far.