1. Which town did Durant grow up in?
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Meridian, Mississippi
- New York, New York
- Richmond, Virginia
2. Durant names a town after himself in which state?
3. Durant compares building the transcontinental railroad to Eqypt's pyramids and...
- The Colosseum
- The Great Wall of China
- The Leaning Tower of Pisa
- The Taj Mahal
4. Durant believes that in a hundred years, he will be remembered for being...
5. Why does Durant fire his chief engineer on the Union Pacific Railroad?
- For building in a straight line
- For drinking on the job
- For embezzling funds
- For technical incompetence
6. What kind of gun has Durant carried?
7. How does Durant celebrate the railway reaching the 40-mile goal?
- He gets drunk with Elam
- He gives bonuses to his workers
- He invites Lily to dinner
- He throws a dance
8. Which political figure does Durant call upon to pardon Cullen's execution?
- Abraham Lincoln, President of the USA
- Edward Bates, United States Attorney General
- Edwin Stanton, Secretary of War
- Ulysses S. Grant, Civil War General
9. What is the name of Durant's wife?
10. Durant says people can be classified as one of two different animals. What are they?
- Cats and mice
- Lions and zebras
- Sharks and goldfishes
- Tortoises and hares
11. Finish this Durant quote: "Blood will be spilled, lives will be lost, fortunes will be made..."
- "empires will be created."
- "men will be ruined."
- "progress will be had."
- "you will be famous."
You've earned 0 points in this quiz so far.