1. Which part of his house does Elam build first, prompting Psalms to mock him?
2. What painkiller has Durant become addicted to?
- Coca leaves
- Poppy straw
- Tincture of Opium
3. Durant tells Sean a story about two men being devoured by what kind of animal?
4. How does Durant punish Cullen for not finishing the bridge?
- By docking his wages until it's complete
- By evicting him from his train car
- By making him attend a dinner with Durant and Hannah
- By making him work longer hours
5. Why does Psalms think Elam would be a better father to Eva's baby than Toole?
- He has a real house
- He's of mixed race
- His income is higher
- People respect him more
6. What is NOT an excuse Cullen gives for the bridge still being incomplete?
- Indian attacks
- Lazy workers
7. Cullen estimates he'll be able to finish the bridge in...
- Five days
- Two weeks
- Three weeks
- Two months
8. What do Toole and Cullen find lodged in the steam engine's pressure valve?
- A human bone
- A Norwegian penny
- A pebble
- An arrowhead
9. What does Durant do with Elam's land deed?
- Crosses out Elam's name
- Lights it on fire
- Notarizes it
- Tears it into pieces
10. Cullen instructs Lily not to test Durant because...
- Durant is infirm
- Durant is jealous and afraid
- Durant is still powerful
- Durant will be humiliated
11. Finish the Durant quote: "There are only two ways to leave the railroad. You die in my employ or you..."
- "Convince me to let you live."
- "Swim the gorge and survive."
- "Take your chances in the wilderness."
- "Walk through Indian territory."
You've earned 0 points in this quiz so far.