1. The railway workers are concerned that if Durant dies...
- The bridge won't be completed
- They won't get paid
- They won't have protection from the Sioux
- No one will run the railroad
2. Besides Ruth, who pays their respects to Reverend Cole?
- Durant and Lily
- Elam and Eva
- Sean and Mickey
- Only Cullen
3. Lily gives The Swede a new job. What is it?
- Assisting Ruth with church duties
- Keeping watch for more bandits
- Making sense of Durant's ledgers
- Patrolling the railway office at night
4. Under what condition will Elam help the McGinnes brothers buy the saloon?
- Elam gets a cut of the profits and a piece of land
- Elam is allowed unlimited free whiskey
- Eva and Toole's rent is reduced
- Sean and Mickey pay him to protect it
5. Where did Cullen get his new rifle?
- He found it in The Swede's coffin of weapons
- He ordered it from Chicago
- He took it off of a dead Sioux from the train raid
- It was a gift from Durant
6. The Swede says Cullen hates him because...
- Cullen hates everybody
- He destroys everything Cullen loves
- He's a reminder of Cullen's own capacity for evil
- Southerners innately hate foreigners
7. Lily accuses Elam of sabotaging the whiskey train. How does he respond?
- He blames Psalms
- He quits
- He slaps her
- He storms off
8. Elam clears land by the river in order to...
- Build a house
- Bury Reverend Cole
- Hide his whiskey
- Watch for Sioux
9. What gift does Sean give Ruth?
- A new plot of land for the church
- A rent reduction
- A rosewood pulpit
- Reverend Cole's saber
10. What does The Swede discover about Durant's bookkeeping?
- Durant has been embezzling funds
- Durant has been inflating mileage numbers
- Lily has been underpaid
- Robert Bell is still listed as an employee
11. Finish the Ruth quote: "Once he wanted to be a Christian. In the end all he really wanted was..."
- "Death and destruction."
- "His children's love."
- "To be a martyr."
You've earned 0 points in this quiz so far.