1. Why does Reverend Cole refuse to pray over the injured train passengers?
- God has abandoned Hell on Wheels
- He can't stand the sight of blood
- He's lost faith in God
- Only the dead deserve prayers
2. Why does Durant ask Joseph to join the search party?
- As an offering to Pawnee Killer
- Because Joseph would be killed if he stayed in Hell on Wheels
- To lead the group to his father's camp
- To make sure the men can survive in the wild
3. Joseph joins the search party on one condition. What is it?
- Griggs must let Elam come along
- Joseph must always walk ahead of the others
- Joseph must have time alone with his father
- No harm comes to the women and children
4. What does Durant tell Cullen to do with the Cheyenne renegades?
- Ignore them
- Kill them
- Negotiate with them
- Torture them
5. Why does Elam feel it's now safe for him to sleep with the whores?
- He has a gun
- He's rich
- The Irish are gone
- Toole is dead
6. Cullen asks Elam to join him on the hunt for Cheyenne rebels as a...
7. What memento does Joseph give Ruth before he rides off to find his brother?
- A kiss
- A lock of hair
- An arrow
- His hat
8. Griggs tells Cullen he's got something that proves the Union won at Antietam. What is it?
- A scorched Confederate flag
- A Confederate saber
- A Confederate soldier's jacket
- A house near Antietam Creek
9. What did Ruth's mother tell her was Reverend Cole's "one true love?"
10. How does Joseph give his village a chance to escape before the search party arrives?
- Leads the soldiers in circles
- Makes the soldiers rest often
- Sends up smoke signals
- Shouts a warning
11. Finish the Durant quote: "Half the men out there are killers. Half are accomplices..."
- All of them are afraid of Bohannon.
- All of them are building my railroad.
- None of them is worth a nickel.
- Why should I care which is which?
You've earned 0 points in this quiz so far.