1. After pitching the railroad to a roomful of potential investors, Thomas Durant bribes Senator Crane with...
- A city in his name
- Shares of Credit Mobilier stock
- A train of his own
2. Cullen dimisses the Irish brothers' talk of God by saying, the only "higher power" he believes in is?
- His fists
- His gun
3. When they first meet, the foreman identifies that Cullen was a Confederate soldier by...
- His accent
- His gray jacket
- His Griswold
- His hat
4. Why does Johnson assign Cullen to be Walking Boss for the Freedmen cut crew?
- Cullen has his own gun
- Cullen is a friend of the boss
- Cullen looks mean
- Cullen was a slave owner
5. What gives Robert and Lily away when they're hiding from the Indians?
- Lily's dress gets caught
- Lily sneezes
- Robert coughs
- Robert shouts for Lily
6. Durant fires his railroad engineer (after slamming the man's head into a map) because...
- He can't make the 40 mile mark
- He embezzled funds
- He made the route too straight
- He went over budget
7. Although Cullen doesn't believe in slavery, he still fought for the South in the Civil War. Why?
8. Durant claims, "History doesn't remember us fondly, but history is written..."
- After the fact
- By the lions of society
- By the zebras for the zebras
- By those who survive
9. What's the slang term for Elam's knife?
- Arkansas Toothpick
- Kentucky Boomerang
- Mississippi Mudslinger
- Tennessee Twig
10. According to a painted sign outside town, what is the population of Hell on Wheels?
- None of your business
- One less every day
11. What does Durant claim is the only way to heal the U.S. after the Civil War?
- The binding together of East and West
- Forgiveness and brotherhood
- A railroad to connect North and South
- Working together for a united goal
You've earned 0 points in this quiz so far.