1. Which of these blonde actresses does not appear in a Hitchcock film?
- Ursula Andress
- Julie Andrews
- Marlene Dietrich
- Tippi Hedren
2. Fill in the blank of this famous quote from Hitchcock himself (both blanks are the same word): "I never said all actors are ______; what I said was all actors should be treated like _____."
3. The climax of Strangers on a Train takes place not on a train, but where?
- A boxing ring
- A carousel
- A pet store
- The top of a skyscraper
4. Dial M for Murder (1954) is significant for being the only Alfred Hitchcock movie filmed in what technique?
- Black and white
- Super 35
5. What famous figure was involved in the making of Spellbound (1945)?
- Salvador Dalí designed the dream sequence
- H.P. Lovecraft adapted the screenplay
- Carl Gustav Jung was a consultant for the psychoanalysis scenes
- Hitchcock took over directing only when Francois Truffaut dropped out
6. Hitchcock was known for making cameo appearances in his movies, something that proved challenging in the extremely isolated set for Lifeboat (1944). How did Hitch manage to show up in the film?
- He was pictured in a newspaper "fat reduction" advertisement
- He was piloting a passing helicopter
- His corpse floated by the boat
- His photo was in a pendant around Tallulah Bankhead's neck
7. Hitchcock's Rope (1948) was loosely based on which infamous "crime of the century"?
- Leopold and Loeb's murder trial
- The Lindbergh baby kidnapping trial
- The Nuremberg trials
- The Scopes "Monkey" trial
8. What important detail do these three Hitchcock moviesRebecca, Jamaica Inn, and The Birdshave in common?
- All featured Joan Fontaine.
- All were based on stories by Daphne du Maurier.
- They were released in the same year.
- They're the only Hitchcock films that weren't nominated for any Oscars.
9. Which hit song originated in a Hitchcock movie?
- "Chattanooga Choo Choo" in Mr. & Mrs. Smith (1941)
- "Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing" in The Trouble with Harry (1956)
- "Prisoner of Love" in Notorious (1946)
- "Que Sera, Sera" in The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956)
10. Which of the following Hitchcock movies has not been remade as a feature film?
- Dial M for Murder
- The Man Who Knew Too Much
- Strangers on a Train
11. What phrase did Hitchcock coin to describe a plot point that sucks viewers into the story but turns out to be completely irrelevant?
- Gilded Lily
- Red Herring
- Snipe Hunt
You've earned 0 points in this quiz so far.