1. In high school, Costner enjoyed all of the following hobbies except what?
- Drama classes
- Piano lessons
2. Sports, and particularly baseball, is a recurring theme in Costner's movies. In which of these movies is he a former ballplayer?
- American Flyers
- Mr. Brooks
- Swing Vote
- The Upside of Anger
3. In which of these movies will you hear Costner utter, "I've sailed farther than most men have dreamed"?
- Chasing Dreams
- Field of Dreams
4. Why didn't Costner use a British accent when portraying Robin of Locksley in Prince of Thieves?
- American audiences responded better to Costner without the British accent.
- Director Kevin Reynolds discouraged Costner from using an accent because it didn't sound authentic.
- Filming got off to a late start, and the language coach felt Costner didn't have enough time to learn the accent.
- He refused.
5. What earned a young Costner his Screen Actors Guild union card?
- A minor speaking role in Frances.
- Even though his scenes were deleted in the final cut of The Big Chill, Costner was included on the film's payroll and, thus, qualified for membership.
- He appeared in Night Shift, starring Michael Keaton and Shelley Long, as Frat Boy #1.
- Longtime friend and director Steven Spielberg wrote a special request to the SAG committee on Costner's behalf.
6. In which movie does Costner return to the Kennedy-administration era?
- No Way Out
- The Guardian
- The War
- Thirteen Days
7. What was the Sioux tribe's official response to Costner's Academy Award-winning Dances With Wolves?
- Several elders stepped forward to point out inaccuracies in the Lakota language.
- Sioux spokespeople expressed disappointment that the film did not use many ethnic Native Americans.
- The Sioux welcomed Costner as an honorary member of the tribe.
- They released an official statement that decried the portrayal of Native Americans as either noble or barbaric.
8. As Agent Eliot Ness, in The Untouchables, which of the following lines is not spoken by Costner?
- A good cop -- needlessly cut down by some cowardly hoodlums.
- I have sworn to capture this man with all legal powers at my disposal, and I will do so.
- Never stop -- never stop fighting till the fight is done.
- What the hell kind of policemen you got in this goddamned city?
9. What position in baseball does Costner's character play in For Love of the Game?
- First base
10. Which of these Costner acting performances was not nominated for a Razzie?
- Beau Burroughs, Rumor Has It...
- Billy Chapel, For Love of the Game
- Garret Blake, Message in a Bottle
- Murphy, 3000 Miles to Graceland
11. In Tin Cup, washed-up golfer Roy McAvoy (Costner) becomes a patient of his love interest (Rene Russo). What kind of doctor is she?
- Sports psychologist
You've earned 0 points in this quiz so far.