1. To date, four actors have portrayed Dr. Hannibal Lecter in the movies. Who did not?
- Brian Cox
- Ralph Fiennes
- Anthony Hopkins
- Gaspard Ulliel
2. Which of these Hollywood directors has not directed a Hannibal Lecter movie?
- Jonathan Demme
- Brett Ratner
- David Mamet
- Ridley Scott
3. In Manhunter, Brian Cox originates the role that won Anthony Hopkins an Oscar. What don't their two characters have in common?
- Their professions: Cox's character is a dentist, not a psychiatrist.
- A carnivorous appetite
- Their sense of humor
- The spelling of their last name
4. In The Silence of the Lambs, FBI Agent Clarice Starling (Jodie Foster) offers Lecter (Hopkins) a deal if he'll help track down serial killer Buffalo Bill. What is it?
- Any books and music he requests
- Dinner together
- One phone call
- A transfer out of Baltimore State Hospital
5. What is Anthony Hopkins' final line in The Silence of the Lambs?
- "I'm having an old friend for dinner."
- "I've no plans to call on you, Clarice. The world is more interesting with you in it."
- "People will say we're in love."
- "You fly back to school, now, little Starling. Fly, fly, fly... "
6. At the beginning of Hannibal, Clarice Starling (Julianne Moore) runs into trouble when...
- She is captured and held hostage by Hannibal Lecter.
- She is trapped in a well by a maniacal serial killer.
- A resentful Justice Department official threatens her.
- She shoots an HIV-positive drug dealer holding a baby.
7. Later in Hannibal, Moore's Clarice awakens to find Lecter cooking. What is he preparing?
- Bacon made from the pigs of Mason Verger (Gary Oldman)
- The kidneys of Dr. Chilton (Anthony Heald)
- The brains of Paul Krendler (Ray Liotta)
- The liver of Rinaldo Pazzi (Giancarlo Giannini)
8. In Red Dragon, Hannibal hosts a dinner party. What does he tell his guests about the main course?
- "Don't be shy about asking for seconds."
- "If I tell you, I'm afraid you won't even try it."
- "I'm always happy to have old friends for dinner."
- "Let's hope this dish strikes a chord with you."
9. According to Hannibal Rising, where did Lecter (Gaspard Ulliel) grow up?
10. What does Hannibal Rising's title character say after his first murder?
- "As your mother tells you, and my mother certainly told me, it is important, she always used to say, always to try new things."
- "Best thing for him, really."
- "All good things to those who wait."
- "Not a nick in the blade. The butcher was like butter."
11. What was the name of Lecter's younger sister?
You've earned 0 points in this quiz so far.