1. According to the street-corner references in The Matrix, the movie takes place in what American city?
- Los Angeles
- New York
- San Francisco
2. The Matrix won Oscars in all of the following technical categories except...
- Film editing
- Sound effects editing
- Visual effects
3. The Matrix movies recycled sets from which other dark scifi flick?
- 12 Monkeys
- Blade Runner
- Dark City
4. All of the following taglines were used for The Matrix except...
- "Are you caught in the Matrix?"
- "Free your mind."
- "Reality is a thing of the past."
- "The future will not be user friendly."
5. The Wachowski brothers approached Hugo Weaving to play Agent Smith after seeing his performance in...
- Strange Planet
6. Neo hides his disks inside Simulacra and Simulation, a book by which noted philosopher?
- Jacques Derrida
- Jean Baudrillard
- Friedrich Nietzsche
7. Which martial-arts legend does Reeves pay homage to while fighting Morpheus?
- Brandon Lee
- Bruce Lee
- Chuck Norris
- Jackie Chain
8. Pantoliano, who plays Cypher, and Carrie-Anne Moss went on to star together in which psychological thriller?
- American Psycho
- Mulholland Drive
- The Talented Mr. Ripley
9. Hugo Weaving stars in which other top-grossing fantasy franchise?
- Harry Potter
- Star Wars
- The Lord of the Rings
10. Laurence Fishburne has said that Morpheus is like a combination of which two Star Wars characters?
- Chewbacca and Darth Maul
- Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Han Solo and Boba Fett
- Luke Skywalker and Yoda
11. Neo and Agent Smith face off in a subway at the end of The Matrix. In what other movie does Reeves fight the bad guy in a subway tunnel?
- A Scanner Darkly
- The Devil's Advocate
You've earned 0 points in this quiz so far.