1. Which Oscar-winning turned down the role of Ray Charles?
- Denzel Washington
- Forest Whitaker
- James Earl Jones
- Will Smith
2. In 2004, Jamie Foxx received Best Actor Oscars for Ray and which other flick?
- The Kingdom
- The Soloist
3. Foxx did all of the following to prepare for the role of Ray Charles except...
- Attended braille school
- Learned to play the piano
- Spent time with Ray Charles
- Wore contacts that made him blind
4. Ray was filmed in which historic southern city?
- New Orleans
5. The working title for Ray was which of the artist's hit songs?
- Hit the Road Jack
- Unchain My Heart
- What'd I Say
- You Don't Know Me
6. Who said that Foxx's performance was so much like Ray Charles it was almost "too real"?
- Co-star Regina King
- Co-star Terrence Howard
- Director Taylor Hackford
- Producer Ray Charles Robinson, Jr.
7. Ray Charles recorded a new version of which song specifically for Ray?
- "Drown in My Own Tears"
- "Georgia on My Mind"
- "I Can't Stop Loving You"
- "Mess Around"
8. Larenz Tate and two of his Ray co-stars had already stared together in which 1995 crime movie?
- Bad Boys
- Dead Presidents
9. Tate starred in which Best Picture nominee the following year?
- Brokeback Mountain
- Good Night, and Good Luck
10. Foxx plays another real-life musician in which biopic?
- The Soloist
- Walk the Line
- What's Love Got to Do With It
11. Which rapper sampled a tune from Ray in a 2005 hit single?
- 50 Cent
- Kanye West
- Lil Wayne
You've earned 0 points in this quiz so far.