1. The War of the Worlds (1953) changes the setting of the H.G. Wells novel from Victorian England to 1950s...
- New Jersey
2. The War of the Worlds earned three Oscar nods. In which category did it win?
- Best Director
- Best FIlm Editing
- Best Special Effects
- Best Sound Recording
3. The shape of the war machines in the movie are based on which kind of animal?
- Manta ray
- Sea turtle
4. Makeup artist Charles Gemora built the Martian in The War of the Worlds out of...
- Clay and electrical wire
- Papier-mache and sheet rubber
- Scrap metal and felt
- Thermoplastic and acrylic paint
5. What was star Ann Robinson contractually forbidden to do on screen?
- Drink alcohol
- Kiss a man
- Show her legs
6. Which Western star was originally considered for the role of Dr. Clayton Forrester?
- Gene Autry
- Lee Marvin
- John Wayne
- Roy Rogers
7. Which other H.G. Wells book did The War of the Worlds producer George Pal adapt for the screen?
- The Invisible Man
- The Island of Doctor Moreau
- The Time Machine
- When the Sleeper Wakes
8. Footage of collapsing buildings was recycled from which natural disaster?
- India Cyclone
- Mount Vesuvius Eruption
- San Francisco Earthquake
- Yellow River Flood
9. Gene Barry and Ann Robinson were reunited in the 2005 update of The War of the Worlds. Who plays the lead in that version?
- George Clooney
- Harrison Ford
- Jude Law
- Tom Cruise
10. Chesley Bonestell, who painted the space illustrations in the opening scenes, co-designed which New York City landmark?
- Brooklyn Bridge
- Chrysler Building
- Flatiron Building
- Grand Central Station
11. The Martians from The War of the Worlds are #27 on AFI's Top 100 Villains of All Time. Who's number one?
- Darth Vader, The Empire Strieks Back
- Dr. Hannibal Lector, The Silence of the Lambs
- Norman Bates, Psycho
- The Wicked Witch of the West, The Wizard of Oz
You've earned 0 points in this quiz so far.