1. Apocalypse Now is inspired by which literary classic?
- Crime and Punishment
- For Whom the Bell Tolls
- Heart of Darkness
- Lord of the Flies
2. What A-list actor makes a cameo as the intelligence officer who delivers the order to assassinate Colonel Kurtz (Marlon Brando) to Captain Willard (Martin Sheen)?
- Al Pacino
- Harrison Ford
- Jack Nicholson
- Steve McQueen
3. What is the name of the Navy patrol boat that Willard and his crew ride up the river in?
4. What song blares from loudspeakers during the helicopter attack on the Vietnamese village?
- "Charlie Don't Surf," by the Clash
- "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction," by the Rolling Stones
- "Ride of the Valkyries," by Richard Wagner
- "The End," by the Doors
5. What does Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore (Robert Duvall) say he loves the smell of in the morning?
- The ocean
6. What entertainer performs during the USO show at the American camp?
- Bob Hope
- Led Zeppelin
- Miss America
- Playboy Bunnies
7. When the Montagnard villagers attack Willard's crew, who gets killed by a spear?
- Chief Phillips (Albert Hall)
- Jay "Chef" Hicks (Frederic Forrest)
- Lance B. Johnson (Sam Bottoms)
- Tyrone "Clean" Miller (Laurence Fishburne)
8. The natives at Kurtz's outpost perform a ritual sacrifice of what animal?
- Water buffalo
9. Apocalypse Now picked up which major award?
- Best Drama, Golden Globes
- Best Picture, Academy Awards
- Golden Lion, Venice Film Festival
- Palme d'Or, Cannes Film Festival
10. Which actor suffered a heart attack while filming Apocalypse Now?
- Dennis Hopper
- Marlon Brando
- Martin Sheen
- Robert Duvall
11. Kurtz recites a poem by which poet shortly before Willard kills him?
- Allen Ginsberg
- E.E. Cummings
- T.S. Eliot
- Walt Whitman
You've earned 0 points in this quiz so far.