1. True Grit got John Wayne an Oscar for Best Actor and Glen Campbell an Oscar for...
- Best Original Song
- Best Score
- Best Soundtrack
- Best Supporting Actor
2. Before the role went to relative unknown Kim Darby, which famous actress was cast as Mattie Ross?
- Goldie Hawn
- Mia Farrow
- Shelley Duvall
- Sissy Spacek
3. Which cast member appeared the same year in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid?
- Dennis Hopper (Moon)
- John Doucette (Sheriff)
- Robert Duvall (Ned Pepper)
- Strother Martin (Col. Stonehill)
4. Kim Darby turned down the role of Mattie Ross three times because...
- She's afraid of horses.
- She didn't relate to the tough character.
- She didn't like John Wayne's movies.
- She didn't want to shoot a gun.
5. True Grit is set in Arkansas but shot in...
6. What music legend almost played Glen Campbell's role of La Boeuf?
- Brian Wilson
- Frank Sinatra
- Roy Orbison
7. Kim Darby went on to play John Cusack's mom in...
- Better Off Dead
- Stand by Me
- Sixteen Candles
- The Sure Thing
8. Upon accepting his True Grit Oscar, John Wayne said he wished he would have done what earlier?
- Earned the respect of the Academy.
- Gained weight for a role.
- Made a movie with Glen Campbell.
- Put on an eye-patch for a movie.
9. The Coen brothers' remake differs by keeping what character alive?
- Emmett Quincy
- La Boeuf
- Ned Pepper
10. What John Wayne one-liner ends True Grit?
- "Come see a fat, old man sometime!"
- "Even grown men need understanding."
- "I don't guess people's hearts got anything to do with a calendar."
- "There are some things a man just can't run away from."
11. Dennis Hopper, who plays Ned Pepper's henchman, appears in what other John Wayne Western?
- El Dorado
- From Hell to Texas
- Rooster Cogburn
- The Sons of Katie Elder
You've earned 0 points in this quiz so far.